Old July 29th 08, 08:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Daniel Mahoney

Default Ping Southern California members

On Tue, 29 Jul 2008 12:25:31 -0700, Joy wrote:

Is everybody okay? We had an earthquake a little while ago.

I felt it fairly strongly, and I'm about 75 miles from the epicenter. I
heard it was a 5.8, located about 20 miles south-southeast of Los Angeles.

Joy

Just exchanged text messages with my brother (abt 20 miles from
epicenter). He says it was a good jolt but no reports of damage in his
area.

Disneyland evacuated their rides as a precaution. CNN has pretty good
coverage of the quake at
http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/07/29/ear...tml#cnnSTCText

Sending purrs that no kitties or hoomins were injured.

Dan