Old September 23rd 08, 05:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine Burel[_2_]

Location: Albuquerque, NM, USA
Default Rob's second Chemo session

Pam, Lots and lots of hugs, purrs, and support for you all.
with love,
Christine and family
"tanadashoes" wrote in message
I don't know what it is, I take Rob in for his chemo, and as soon as he's
hooked up to the IVs, I fall asleep. Four hours later, he's fed (a
courtesy for the patients, care givers fend for themselves), rested,
unhooked from the IVs and I take him home.

I thought we were going to get by without Ralph calling as Rob had taken
anti nausea medications earlier, but they must have worn off. The
bathroom is clean now. Poor Rob. He never got sick more than once every
couple of years and the only times he got this ill were from chemo. I
think it is worst for those who aren't used to being ill. He gets so
embarrassed when he gets sick, and no matter how many people tell him that
there's nothing to be upset about, he still gets upset.

I know he's not doing his best as Huey, QC, and Merlin have taken position
on the bed near him and Tanada is on a blanket at the foot of the bed.
Qui Gun Kit, Sonya, and Pine Cone have looked in, decided that the bed is
full and gone into Mike's room instead. The owners are worried about him,
I think.

Pam S. also worried