Old July 29th 11, 07:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Default (OT) Sleeping Better!

"jmcquown" wrote in message
I got a birthday present for myself!

The old-timers to this ng know I've suffered from insomnia for years.
Valerian Root capsules seem to help. Melatonin tablets work but give me
very vivid sometimes disturbing dreams.

Years ago I had a "sound machine". I won a gift certificate from some
drawing at work to Sharper Image. So I went there and got a sound
machine. It had about 6 sounds... the ocean, rain, outdoors (crickets and
frogs), yada yada yada. (There was also a heartbeat, but that was meant
for babies or puppies or something.) I had the machine back in 1998 or
so.

Fast forward to my having to move here. The sound machine sat there,
unused, for a couple of years. There used to be frequent power outages
when I lived in TN. The power would go off for no reason at all on a
bright, sunny day. And while I remembered to unplug all my little
appliances I completely forgot about that one. So at some point the sound
machine got zapped.

I ordered a new one for myself for my birthday. Oh this thing is so cool!
It has more sounds, and you can add to the complexity of the sound (or
just go with the basic sound). For example, if you select "rain" you can
add distant rumblings of thunder. I don't know about you, but I sleep
very well during a thunderstorm! If you select "ocean", you can add a
foghorn off in the distance. Last night I chose "meadow". It's the sound
of peepers (small frogs) and crickets. But if you up the anty, you also
get the sound of wind blowing through tall grasses and the occasional call
of a loon or a whipoorwill

http://www.google.com/products/catal...d=0CFcQ8gIwAA#

http://tinyurl.com/3jynyg6

I have slept better in the last two nights than I have in the last 30
years. I love this sound machine!

Jill

That's wonderful! Sleeping well should help your recovery, and maybe even
improve your appetite.

Joy