Old May 4th 05, 12:09 AM
Catnipped

"tanada" wrote in message
ink.net...
OK, got the police report today. Mike was given a ticket for $10 and
$100 court costs for "Failure to Yield." The woman who hit him claimed
that she was only doing 45 mph and had hit the brakes before she hit
Mike. I'll Post an album of the damages to both vehicles later. BTW
she was cited for driving while her license was revoked. Mike is still
considered totally at fault for the accident.

Geico is refusing to pay us anything for the van. They are going to
replace this woman's car. I feel so frustrated and angry right now.
Please help me get over my anger with this woman and the insurance
system that will reward an illegal driver.

Even though the woman was driving with a revoked license, the woman was
judged to be not at fault. I want to know what she did to lose her
license. The damage to both her Lincoln Town Car and the van is
horrendous. I don't think that she could have been doing only 45 in a
45 at the time of impact. It is a long straight stretch of road. There
is now way that she couldn't have seen Mike and that big white van.
Yes, it was raining, but not heavily. So that shouldn't be an excuse
for her. Again, Please help me get over my anger with this. I upset
Rob and Jim by calling her what I think of her, and I don't usually use
that kind of language.

And don't ask me about the VA and their treatment of Rob lately.

Pam S. sill living a nightmare.

First, take a deep breath, or do some breathing exercises (do you do yoga?).

Next, you might want to consider talking to a lawyer (wouldn't you guys
qualify for legal aid?). Do you have only liability insurance (most older /
paid-off cars have only that so I'm assuming that's what you had). But if
you can prove that the other driver was at least somewhat at fault then
*her* insurance should help pay for your van.

Sit down and make a list of everything you could possibly do. Then stop
thinking about it. If there turns out to be *nothing* you can do, then you
have to make up your mind to let it go and focus on the fact that nobody was
hurt. Vans can, after all, be replaced. [But if you need to vent some
first, feel free to come here and do it! ;]

Hugs,

CatNipped