Old April 13th 14, 08:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
John Doe

Default Wild cats

Taking care of a neutered female outside. This morning it ate a full
meal and then left. One hour later, it was back on the porch and I
saw it swat at the opening to its Omega Paws litter box. Confused, I
stepped out and noticed some feathers lying around. In the box, the
bird was still alive and very alert (an understatement). So I reached
in and carried it out in my hand. Raised it to take a look and ZOOM
it flew across the way and up into a tree. It lost a few feathers and
a tiny amount of blood, but it flew very well.

I suppose the bird was being kept fresh until the cat got hungry.
Maybe it could use a small refrigerator and microwave...