Old September 4th 13, 07:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
buglady[_2_]

Default Coat matting

On 9/4/2013 12:30 PM, reilloc wrote:

Regarding training this cat, I love this cat and he loves me--as much as
he's able to love anything. He's been this skittish since birth while
the others in his litter weren't. I contend it's a personality quirk and
that's just the way he is. I don't really know that I'd want him any
other way.

............Yeah, but think about what it would be like to live life so
afraid. I had a live in the house feral. She made it til about 18 yrs.
It wasn't until her last days that I could actually pick her up.
Before that just reaching over her would cause her eyes to widen, she'd
freeze, then run off. I felt really bad for her having to live like
that. At the end of her life I started to wonder if she had poor
eyesight her whole life, which made her so skittish.

buglady
take out the dog before replying