Old July 2nd 08, 01:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default Worrying...

Jack Campin - bogus address wrote:

It's a lot commoner than people think. Marion's diagnosed it as an
unrecognized cause of chronic illness in her patients several times.
Get a detector, they're not expensive.

I think I will, after this. Even if this doesn't turn out to be CO. I
don't want to have to worry like this anymore.

CO is lighter than air so it tends to collect above floor level. Cats
tend to breathe air from lower down than humans, so they're at less
risk.

That is really good to hear. I have really been a bit freaked about it.
I hope this isn't the day Roxy decides to sleep on the really high
bookshelf, which isn't far from the ceiling. (Most of the time, I find
her on the bed, the couch, or a chair, so that's unlikely.)

(Conversely, they're at greater risk of poisoning from chemicals
in carpets, and can die from exposures that will only give their humans
a rash on their legs).

Hmm. I get rashes on my legs when I sit on the carpet wearing shorts...
But I've lived there for 9 years, so I would imagine that if the cats
were going to get deathly ill from the carpet, they would've by now.
I do know they can get hyperthyroid from flame retardant chemicals.

If you keel over, they should take your unnaturally pink corpse as a
warning sign.

I guess if I'm a corpse, it's too late for warnings...

I saw that, about the pink coloring, when I was reading about it earlier
this afternoon. However, I'm not at home right now, and I expect I'd be
more likely to keel over when at home breathing the stuff. By that time,
I will have had a test, as long as the HMO doesn't give me some crap
about how it's too time-consuming to do it now. I know it can be - I had
the test once, about 15 years ago (negative), and it took about 45 minutes
or more.

--
Joyce

To email me, remove the triple-X from my user name. ^..^