Old August 2nd 08, 06:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

Default OT - LA Bans Fast Food

"Sherry" wrote in message
On Aug 2, 11:13?am, "kilikini" wrote:
Sherry wrote:

Yes, people can *really* be nasty that way. My nephew has petit mal
seizures. He's even
had the cops called before and told there was someone "on drugs". And
like Pam mentioned,
people can really be nasty about handicap placards. It just amazes me
to have a total strainger
say "you don't LOOK handicapped". I need to think up a smart-aleck
comeback for that one.
Instead, I stand there like an idiot and explain the whole thing. I've
thought about saying, "OK, you
take the peripheral artery disease, and I'll take the crappy parking
places"

Sherry

This is the whole reason I don't drive a shopping cart. ?Every time we go
the grocery store, my husband asks me to take one of those electric carts
so
I can keep up with him. ?I refuse and hobble along 30 feet behind him. ?If
rode in a cart I know I'd get looks. ?"What's *she* doing in a cart?
?She's
young, she's thin..." ?I'd rather just try to stick it out walking than
suffer the critical looks and comments (although I probably get them
anyway).

kili-

Me neither!! Even right after surgery, I preferred to hobble around by
pushing a regular cart.
I know those "looks", and I am a lot older than you are! My dad
brought me a cane back then;
I was mortified. It wasn't even a stylish cane that I could whack
young whippersnappers with :-)

Sherry

ROTFLMAO! You crack me up Sherry! ;

Nose Kisses,