Old August 2nd 08, 08:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

Default OT - LA Bans Fast Food

"tanadashoes" wrote in message
news

"Granby" wrote in message
My husband was in a wheel chair for 30 years and we heard all the reasons
for using a handicapped parking space. There was a period of time where
anyone who asked their Doctor could park in one. Except for the
occasional teenager or ladies shopping in a gaggle, well it sounded like
that, we found that sort of sorted itself out.

Heart, emphysema (?), back surgery and such are the many that don't snow
but make walking difficult.

One of the Doctors here in town wrote an extensive article about "Mothers
to be" using spaces marked for them. Said most could use the exercise
unless there really was a medical problem.

That one, ("Mothers to be" spaces) irks me for some reason. Maybe I'm
just a bigger witch than I thought, but I figure that giving healthy young
women, who have no problems spending hours standing around or walking
around malls prime parking spaces is a slap in the face for those of us
old f*rts who don't have serious handicaps but do have problems walking
the distance. I'd like to think that I would have refused to park in
those spaces when I was younger and pregnant, but I don't know. Maybe I'm
a more selective witch than I thought.

Pam S. who needs hugs today

I sure wish I could give them in person! How's it going, hon? Are you
managing to hang in there?

Chin Skritches,

CatNipped