Old June 30th 11, 09:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Default Attacked by vicious cat ...

Cheryl wrote:
On 6/29/2011 12:13 AM, wrote:
I've never heard of catbirds. They wouldn't be in the corvid family,
would they? I've heard of crows never forgetting someone who made them
angry, and giving them a hard time the next time they see the person
(or dog, cat, whatever) even if it's weeks later. I hope this family
decides to move on!

I see catbirds don't live in CA so maybe that's why you aren't familiar
with them.
http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/gray_catbird/id

However, California has mockingbirds, which can be equally territorial!
My next-door neighbor had to stop parking in his driveway, because of
the mockingbirds nesting in the bushes by my porch. Got so his kids
were afraid to leave the car to go indoors! They'd attack ANYONE
(including the postman) who came anywhere near those bushes - more than
once I was startled by a sharp rap on top of my head from an aggressive
beak when I cut across my front yard to the neighbor's door.