Old September 17th 11, 02:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Stone Soup

"Mark Edwards" wrote in message
. com...
No cluons were harmed when "jmcquown" wrote:
Oh, there are so many versions. This is the most popular.

The only version I've heard was read on the old Captain Kangaroo show. I
remember that one and Mike Mulligan and his steam shovel.

--
Proof of sanity forged upon request

I seem to remember being told this story when I was in the Brownies (sort of
kindergarten for Girl Scouts) around 1965. That would have also been around
the time I was watching Captain Kangaroo The premise is the same no
matter how the tale is told.

Jill