Old January 18th 21, 02:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_5_]

Default Buffy has a Bladder Stone

On 2021-01-15 6:14 p.m., Dan Mahoney wrote:
I'm really glad Buffy seems to be doing well.

It is very strange going to the vet (or anywhere else) at the moment. We
had to sit outside in the car when we took Sootie for her check up and
Booster jabs last summer. It's a horrible feeling as they walk away with
your cat, then waiting for them to come back. We had good weather too.

Take care and I hope she gets that clean bill of health at her next
appointment.

Judith

Here it varies a lot by vet. When we go see our regular vet we have to
call in when we arrive; they get an exam room ready, then call us back
and we bring the kitty in and join the vet in the exam room.

But when Milton had an abscess Sunday we had to go to the emergency vet.
There we took Milton in to the check-in area and unloaded him into a
kennel, then we went back out to the car. The vet did the exam and
called us with her findings, we authorized the treatment, then we waited
for a call advising that Milton was ready to go. We gave them our credit
card info over the phone, then went in a got Milton.

It seems to be standard here to call from the parking lot or knock on
the door, and then wait for them to call you to enter (although when I
was on foot in the rain, they let me in to sit on one of the two
remaining chairs in their reception area. When you bring your animal in,
they whisk it away into the back regions (the treatment rooms apparently
being too small for COVID separation). The vet might meet you in the
larger reception area to discuss the results, but is just as likely to
call you at home. I think from what my sister in another province told
me that they follow a similar procedure there.

I'm glad Buffy and Milton are doing well. Cinnamon seems surprisingly
well, really. I decided not to ship her away for iodine treatment, but
although her kidneys are bad, she seems to be doing well on the special
food. She's had follow-up tests since her diagnosis - next one is a
blood test in early February; probably just drop her in for a blood test
and then pick her up and take her home to await the results by phone
since the vet didn't say it needed a personal consultation. Last one was
a urine test that worked the same way.

--
Cheryl