Old January 20th 21, 12:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_5_]

Default Buffy has a Bladder Stone

On 2021-01-19 5:43 p.m., jmcquown wrote:

I'm glad to hear Cinnamon is doing well so far even without the iodine
treatment.

Everthing is different due to this pesky Covid situation.

I had a job interview via phone last week.Â* We talked three times on
three different days at length, that was the actual interview.Â* Today I
went to meet him at the office in person to finalize the details.
Wearing a mask.Â* I met the receptionist and his son who has been filling
in until he heads back to University.Â* And yes, I got the job.
Everything has changed in how things are being done.

I wonder if the world will ever get back to the way it used to be.

I don't know if it will, although I suppose some of the most annoying
restrictions will ease quickly enough. Like restrictions on the number
of people allowed in the vet reception area, and no one being allowed in
the examination room! Congratulations on the job! I retired a year ago,
just in time for a massive snowfall and state of emergency and then
COVID! Most of my co-workers have been working from home (previously
unheard of for us) since COVID started, although in February they will
be moving back. Apparently this isn't being done wholesale - people who
are sharing smallish offices have to work out a schedule so that they
aren't both (or all) in the same office for whatever is considered an
excessive amount of time. They're short of staff - I along with other
recent retirees were asked to return, but I said no. Not all employers
are being quite so cautious although I think most of them are following
guidelines, and of course there are individuals who follow guidelines
and those who don't. Still, we've had low infection rates (being on an
island and with a provincial government that reacted early and firmly)
so we can't complain. The economic fallout is going to be terrible, though.

--
Cheryl