Old March 20th 06, 12:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default larry's gone...

wrote:
meee wrote:

Hi everyone, thanks for all the purrs!! We're all ok, no damage to

us but a lot of damage up here. The cats were a bit freaked out,
but had a lovely play outside this arvo (after it was all
gone...aussie cyclones pass quickly but are very intense). My
friend in Innisfail had the eye pass directly over her, but
miraculously her house, car, herself and all cats survived with
minimal damage

I'm glad you and your family (bare and furred) are all OK, and that
your
house is still standing. Same for your friend.

I have a semantic question. When you say "cyclone", do you mean a
hurricane? In the US, the word cyclone means a tornado, but what you
described sounds more like a hurricane/tropical storm. Tornadoes are
extremely unpredictable - they come on very quickly, almost without
warning, and it's very hard to predict what direction they'll go in
or how long they'll last. There's usually enough warning to get to
shelter, but not enough to board up the windows and buy supplies in
preparation, as one can do with a hurricane when you have many days
of warning. Also, to my knowledge, nobody has ever named a tornado.

I'm glad you got through it OK!

Joyce

It depends on where you are, they can be called hurricanes, cylones or
typhoons, all basically the same thing.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.