Old March 13th 08, 09:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Default Nanki-Poo preliminary report

Joy wrote:
I finally got Nanki-Poo to the vet about the lump on his jaw. He
switched routines today and spent the morning inside, going out about
noon. I had hopes of his coming back in before the 2:00 appointment
time, but he wasn't in by 1:30, and then the gardener arrived. I
figured he'd lay low at the neighbors' until the gardener left, so I
called and cancelled the appointment, asking if I could bring him in
when I found him and wait for an opening. At 2:00, while the gardener
was working, he came in. I called the vet's office and the
receptionist said the vet had just started an ultrasound, so it would
be quite a wait. I decided to shut him in my bedroom for half an
hour, and then take him. We had to wait quite a while, but she gave
him a thorough examination when we did see her.
She said it's a lymph node, and the swelling could be caused by a
number of things, including infection or cancer. She also said his
thyroid is enlarged and he has some gingivitis. She took him in the
back room and took blood and urine, and aspirated the lymph node. She
gave him a dose of worming medication, with another dose to be given
in two weeks. She also gave me an antibiotic to give him twice a day.
She said he was dehydrated so she also gave him subcutaneous fluid.
Cha-ching!
I'll post again when I get the results of the tests.

Purrs that it's nothing serious.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart