Old March 31st 06, 07:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default My new fake cat

Mark Edwards wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/lagt8

Wow - at least in the picture, it does look real!

http://tinyurl.com/nhf2r

Mark, do you think anyone at your job knows you're a cat slave?

I installed the batteries, sat it on my desk, and watched it out of
the corner of my eye. Just like a real kitten, it sleeps on top of the
current book on my desk, it breathes in and out

OK, here's a question. If they could make it breathe, why couldn't they
make it purr?

It came in a cardboard carry crate like you get at an animal adoption
center, cutesy instructions, and a certificate of adoption on which
you can write your new zombie cat's name.

Considering all that cutsiness, it was very reasonably priced.

Bonus: the receptionist was speehless when I showed it to her -
whether in sheer admiration of my genius, or complete, disgusted
acceptance of my cat-dorkiness, she failed to say.

I have a feeling you have a bit of a reputation at work for the
latter, I'm afraid!

Are you a QA engineer, by any chance? I noticed that the book on your
desk is called "How to Break Web Software".

Joyce