Old November 13th 08, 07:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
ScratchMonkey

Default Harlequin pics

"Caroline S." wrote in news:917433f4-e3a0-44f5-87ac-
:

What a cutie! I love the perfectly divided face. I wish I could part
my daughters' hair that straight.

I initially named her "Strike" because she has a marking on her side that
looks like a lightning strike in a storm. (Matches the naming theme of
Nimbus, her nemesis next door.)

But while she was tiny, she wandered into the "reading room" with me and
started rumbling like a Harley-Davidson. Ding! Name figured out! The
diminuitive "Harley" immediately connected me to the Joker's sidekick with
the clown-like mask.

I'm also a fan of Kevin Smith movies (Dogma, Clerks, Jay and Silent Bob)
and to my surprise discovered that he had the same inspiration: He named
his daughter Harley Quinn Smith.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Smith
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0808410/