Old August 2nd 10, 08:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Stan Brown

Default 'Temptations' anti-hairball snacks?

On Sun, 1 Aug 2010 10:28:07 -0400, cshenk wrote:
My own methods seem to be related to feeding broth (home made, salt free,
bone broth mostly left over chicken carcasses tossed in a crockpot) and
feeding a bit of extra fat (Olive oil, bacon or chicken rendered fat etc).

As you mentioned later, salt is an issue with broth (depending on
your recipe) and most definitely with bacon fat.

I'm a little nervous about the idea of feeding any cat extra dietary
fat on a regular basis. Wouldn't that tend to either depress the
appetite, thus leading to protein deficiency, or else have them
eating too many calories?

http://OakRoadSystems.com
Shikata ga nai...