Old August 2nd 10, 05:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rene

Default 'Temptations' anti-hairball snacks?

On Aug 1, 12:43*pm, KenK wrote:
"cshenk" wrote om:

This sounds like an allergy. *That can develop over time. *If your
furball issues developed at the same time as the picky eating, then
the next step might be to start checking foods without the common
allergens. *These are corn, wheat, and soy.

That doesn't seem to be it. She gets diarrhea from one Wellness Indoor
Health dry food meal and I just checked and it doesn't list any of these in
the ingredients. Maybe something else?

Fish is also a common allergen. You said she is able to eat the canned
Wellness chicken. Have you tried the Wellness canned turkey as a test
(green can)?

I am sorry you are still having hairball problems. As another poster
said, my experience has been that hairballs decrease when I feed a
canned only diet. IMO since you are having possible allergy problems,
I would avoid the Temptations treats. Stick with Petromalt or just
plain petroleum jelly.