Old November 14th 18, 07:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
joy

Default 6 cats out of 12 - Newcomer, please be patient, gentle.

This is one place where you don't even have to try to explain.

On 11/13/2018 10:00 PM, Kitten wrote:
Thank you Bill.
Do you have any feline companions or other animal as companions?
Cats have always been my source of strength and my biggest weakness.
Babou was the little black cat who decided to choose me by settling in my
purse while I was visiting her temporary rescue home.
She was diagnosed with chronic renal failure, I considered selling our house
to travel to the US for a kidney transplant since such surgery is not
available where I reside, I would have welcomed and loved her donor brother
or sister.
Back then I was also still suffering immensely from the loss of my mother,
so many things made life so hard, but I had to consider my partner.
Years afterwards I still reckon losing Babou was as traumatic as losing my
mum, we had such a bond, so many stories together...
At bedtime she would scratch the duvet corner so I would lift it, she'd then
settle underneath with only her head poking out, and we would spoon for
hours.
I never regretted any sacrifice I made in the name of love for my cats, I
can't say the same for the sacrifices I made for humans.
Some bonds are hard to explain rationally.