Old October 22nd 03, 04:17 AM
Karen

I just wanted to say, I think Yogi has done amazingly well considering the
problems he has had. Unfortunately, it sounds like you live in an area where
there are vets that probably treat mainly large farm animals and dogs. It's
sounds very rural. I want you to know some vets do care very much. I know my
vet does and I know how fortunate I am. Recently, too, there was a thread on
alt.med.veterinary where a vet has been very heart broken over a very old
sick dog that really truly was in pain and nothing was left to help and the
owners could not face letting him go. He died in a very agonizing way at the
vets and you can tell this vet is really torn up about it. I think Yogi
knows you love him, I think you have found some palliative care yourself you
know is working. It is unfortunate but their time with us is always briefer
than we want it to be, as is our time with our family and friends. I hope
that Yogi stays with you as long as he is comfortable and when his distress
is too much you can love him enough to let him go peacefully and not in
pain. It is all we can do to take care of our little friends and try to
understand them as best we can. He sounds very fortunate to have someone to
love him all these years so much when so many suffer without love, animals
and humans alike. My fondest wishes of a happy life and a happy passing when
the time comes for Yogi. We here on the newsgroup are always here to listen.

Karen