Old July 19th 08, 04:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ted Davis[_2_]

Default Maryweather went to the Rainbow Bridge

On Fri, 18 Jul 2008 21:35:41 -0500, Daniel Mahoney wrote:

Well, I buried her beside the pump house - the first place I tried where
the ground wasn't rock hard. In an effort to keep the neighbor's dogs
from digging her up, I put two concrete slabs of about 20 pounds each on
top of her grave (what with the ground being hard, me being in poor
health, and the light rapidly failing, I wasn't able to dig as deep as I
would have liked.

I am so very sorry, Ted. Thank you for offering her a life where she knew
happiness and love.

She and her brother were dumped at the end of a road at the edge of town
when they were just kittens. Not a good start in life. They were found
and advertised, and I took them both in. I still have the brother, but
he's not friendly as Maryweather was - she was a lap and foot (in bed)
cat, and liked to cuddle next to me - usually one of the first to seek
attention when I went to bed.

I thank all of you for your purrs and concern.

--

T.E.D. ) MST (Missouri University of Science and Technology)
used to be UMR (University of Missouri - Rolla).