Old November 19th 05, 12:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Help, my cat is having problems using the box!

Suddenly, without warning, messycat exclaimed (19-Nov-05 5:05 AM):
I have had my cat for almost three years now. Just about the entire time
I have had her she has always had a hard time using the litter box to
poop in. She urinates in it fine.I also have another cat too, with her
own litter box, which she uses fine.

Back to the problem cat. I've tried different litter, places in the
house, food etc..to no avail. What else can I do? Should I confine her
to a limted space area and see what she does? Could this train her to
use the litter box again?

Please help, i'm at my last straw now. I have a new born, and I just
can't have my cat pooping randomly in the house. Thanks!

Two things to try:

Add a third box. Some cats like to have a poop box and a pee box. Some
people say you should always have one more box than you have cats.

If the box has a top, take it off. If it doesn't, add one.

jmc