Old July 6th 09, 01:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Cat eating sofa.

"Magic Mood Jeep" wrote in message
"Yowie" wrote in message
Now that our hearts have calmed down...

"Pickle Pickle Pickle Pickle".

Again, a faint "Mi" from the general direction of the...

..of the sofa.

WTF?

"Mi?"

*Definately* coming from the sofa. But how?

Joel hopped up and removed the cushion and out popped a very relieved
stressed Pickle. He meowed his disgust once more and headed straight for
the door. I let him out and he ducked around the corner to do what a cat
must before heading straight back to the kibble bowl and wolfing down
last night's leftovers. He's now snoozing on my bed - a nice flat surface
not known for eating cats.

Now, I know that sofas often eat small change, and ours seems to have a
distinct predeliction for our remote controllers (particularly the A/C).
Ours also clearly favours pens, teaspoons and McDonald's fries, but a
fully grown *cat*? Surely not! But there it was, looking inconspicious,
was a tear in the fabric under the cushion, just big enough for an overly
curious cat to get through if he worked on it, but clearly not big enough
to get back out of when the cushion was pushed back, and certainly not
big enough when one or more of us was also lounging on said cushion and
blocking all exits.

Pickle, I am quite sure, is now down to 8 lives. And will no doubt be
very wary of vicious cat eating sofas from now on.

Yowie

Oh, and when I read the subject line, I thought you were referring to a
cat eating your sofa....and I saw, in my mind's eye, a large white cat (I
know all 3 of yours are white) laying on a sofa arm, quietly nomming it in
protest of not getting his/her gooshey food....

I thought the same thing! Persia rips up newspapers and boxes. It wouldn't
surprise me one bit to find her eating the sofa if it didn't give her the
comfort she's looking for

Jill