Old November 17th 03, 11:06 PM
Mary

"Wendy" wrote in message
You can also try that sticky tape stuff on the recliner. My new girl

was
going to town on the stereo speaker. I put sticky stuff on that and

got one
of those cat trees/scratching posts wrapped with the rope over the

weekend
and she hasn't messed with the speaker since. I sprayed the cat tree
liberally with cat nip spray (don't know if that did anything or

not). By
the looks of the sticky tape it shouldn't be a problem to remove

when I'm
sure the cat is well established with the appropriate things to

scratch.

Wendy

All great advice. I pin aluminum foil (you could tape it, too) to the
places they like
to scratch. They hate it and will not touch it--and you sure can tell
that they have
not been there. After two weeks of a funny looking chair, you can take
the foil
down because the cat will be trained.

Meanwhile ... everyone offered this same advice the first time around,
no?