Old June 19th 05, 05:49 PM
Victor Martinez

Annie Wxill wrote:
eventually died). Cinder costs $13.34 and Rosie costs $10.57 a month. I'm
still not convinced it is worth it. I think that the suggestion to set
aside a certain amount to cover those things could be a better idea.

Let's do the math! Let's say we are able to put aside $150 per month on
a special vet emergency fund. Let's further assume that the fund gives a
return of 2% above inflation. Now, a typical catastrophic event can cost
more than $3,000 USD. We would have to save for 20 months or so to save
that ammount.
Now, the cheapest catastrophic insurace I've found costs $10 per month
per cat, so that's $70 for us. They cover up to $2500 per incident,
minus a $200 deductible, so the benefit is only $2300.
I guess it's like all insurance, it's not worth it, until you use it.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he