Old July 18th 08, 05:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

Default OT - Recognize These Symptoms?

On Jul 17, 11:00*pm, Enfilade wrote:
I'm going to the doctor tomorrow or the day after (I'm working three
insane shifts: *12 pm to 8 pm, 11 pm to 6:30 am, and 7:15 to 1 pm -
close to 24 hours straight of awake working.)

I can't find any info on the net: *I don't even know what to search
for. *Anyone here have an idea?

--Constant misperception: *mistaking one thing for another, or one
word for another (in extreme cases, seeing things that aren't there,
or not seeing things that are there) *It feels like someone is
"Switching things around" behind your back, though you know they
aren't.

--Suddenly getting something familiar wrong--like suddenly mixing up
your phone number - and not being able to tell whether the number
you've given is right or wrong

--Triple-checking things and still making lots of errors

--Leaving stove burners on, taps going, etc. *Double checking them and
thinking they are off--they're not--you only find out when 1. you
leave and come back, 2. you get another cue like the smell of a stove
burner or notice the sound of running water 3 somone else points it
out

--Mixing up words: *like saying "now" instead of "new", "bucket"
instead of "basket" (or, in extreme cases, "cup" instead of basket -
ie an object to hold things and letting the listener guess the correct
word from that)

--Getting counts wrong

--Not being able to perceive errors until another person shows them to
you - ie you count two, double-count two, triple-count two, and only
when someone comes along to point out that there are four, can you
perceive that there are four, and never have been two.

--Having to write down basic information - like your phone number, bus
number, name of your employer, address - and having to check it before
giving it out, even years later *(ie repetition does not help you
remember)

--in the end, being never quite sure what is real or what
isn't....it's all a guess, and you regularly guess wrong.

--Fil

Good grief, Fil. I think the first paragraph is the answer to your
question.
You're stressed, and tired! I hope things level out soon for you. Hang
in there!

Sherry