Old August 3rd 11, 08:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Default OT - How Old Am I Game

"Richard Casady" wrote in message
On Mon, 01 Aug 2011 19:53:21 -0500, CatNipped
wrote:

Yeah, me too on the glass bottle. When I was growing up milk wasn't
"homogenized". There was a thick layer of cream at the top of each
bottle (my mother would pour most of that off to use in her coffee and
chicory). You had to shake the bottle to mix it up.

Somewhat after the introduction of homogenized milk, I spent some time
with the cousins, who had a couple of shorthorn cattle. The cream come
to the top of the jar in the fridge, of course. I recall using a fork
to dig some out of the jar, for iced coffee.

There are cream separators that spin the stuff in a bowl at high
speed, with the cream slopping over the rim. At first they were