Old July 18th 03, 02:22 PM
Sherry

My parents house gets those, too. My dad accidentally discovered that those
crickets are attracted to the glue on duct tape. He puts strips around the
edges of the basement floor sticky-side up and they go right to it and get
stuck and he then disposes of them. That's all they've had to use for those
ugly creepy bugs.

Oh, ugh. I'd forgotten about cricket season. It's late Aug.-Sept. for us.
Hordes of big black crickets, so many you have to get a broom and sweep them
away from the door before you open it. Enough of them manage to get in the
house the cats get bored withh him them and ignore them. Fortunately, they are
mostly outside, so we just wait for a cold snap and they go away. I hate
pesticides of any kind and avoid them if I can.

Sherry