Old January 25th 12, 01:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Nervous Boyfiend

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"jmcquown" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
I don't know if he will ever be a calm sort of cat, but my kind of house
is probably best, just me and quiet.
If the doorbell rings he rushes to the back door to escape.
However recently he was on my knee when my cell phone rang (I have it
slung around my waist since I keep breaking myself) and it was enough to
send him running.
Now he runs away if my home phone rings. I can only think that when I
talk on the phone he thinks there is another person in the house.
Tweed

I can't speak for Boyfriend but Persia hates the sound of a ringing
doorbell. Oh no! Someone's here! I have to hide!

Silly cat.

Is it silly? How do you know why she does it?
Tweed

You are correct, of course. She just doesn't like strangers. I don't get
many visitors. It's usually the UPS guy delivering a package.

Jill