Old October 12th 20, 02:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

Default More kitties arrive

Community Cats wrote:

[ The kitties with the most sensitive hearing detect a strange sound
approaching. It sounds like the purr of a very large cat, but seems
to be up in the air. Moments later a kitty sized cargo helicopter,
and FH-24 (feline-sized CH-24) flies over the village. The loud
purring sound is coming from the chopper! The helicopter continues on
past the village, finding a clearing a couple hundreds yards away,
and settles to the ground. The loud purring noise ceases.

A flight-suited pilot steps out of the cockpit. THe flight suit has a
name tape across the breast that reads "FIERCE". Across the pilots
helmet is written the callsign "PRINCESS". The pilot loosens the
helmet and tugs it off - and we see that the pilot is Francesca.
Sammy and Ranger come running in to the clearing to see what the
noise is. ]

Sammy: Francesca! Hi! How come you flied here 'stead of 'porting?

Francesca: Fred, Milton, and Lucky weren't really sure about using
the teleporter yet, so I offered to fly them. Of course we flew
through a teleportal to get here, but they didn't need to know that.

Ranger: So where are they?

[Francesca walks over to the side door of the chipper and slides it
open. Fred is sitting wide-eyed on the left-hand seat with all of his
claws firmly embedded in the upholstery. Milton is similarly situated
in the right-hand seat. All that be seen of Lucky is his solid black
tail sticking out of the seat-back pocket on the pilot's seat.]

Francesca: Come on, kitties, we're there. Climb out and enjoy the
scenery. Then lets go find the elders and volunteer our services to
transport anything they need transported.

The Bamboo master sends 2 journeymen over.

MS, we has much good bamboo high on that ridge (pointing to a ridge
next to the falls) but it is slippery and sometimes we fall. From
there, only a strong swimmer can get away from the waterfall. Can you
help?