Old February 2nd 06, 06:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default New family member - Part 4

Monique Y. Mudama wrote:

Because they didn't want the inconvenience of a fully functional cat,
but did want to breed the poor creature?

Whatever the reason, she is DEFINITELY in heat! If the
particular sound of her yowls and her rolling about on the
floor and frequently licking her rear weren't enough clues,
this morning Melisande sniffed Cendrillon's hind quarters,
at which point Cendi assumed that unmistakable crouch and
began "pedalling" with her back feet. We have an
appointment with the vet tomorrow for the routine exam they
require for all new patients, and surgery the following
Friday (by which time she should no longer be in heat).

I'm a bit ticked off at the neighbor who abandoned her (as
though I weren't already)! I was willing to adopt an
unfortunate abandonee, but I hadn't planned on paying for
surgery that should have been performed before he got her!