Old March 12th 09, 12:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
dgk

Default Spring Cleaning and Cats

On Wed, 11 Mar 2009 05:54:39 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Mar 11, 8:19*am, dgk wrote:

Of course it's all perfectly safe for us!

Last I looked, we don't clean ourselves with our tongues - well,
perhaps you do.

And some few of us can read - and actually use that skill to read
labels.

And some fewer of us understand what we are reading.

Yet fewer actually follow label directions.

Yet fewer again do some basic research before using chemicals.

But, we are still most of us somewhat different than our cats who
often choose not to read or follow label directions.

Perfection is reserved to the deity of one's choice. The rest of us
muddle along as best we can and understand that risk is inherent with
every activity including breathing. We just don't let it paralyze us
or, worse, ruin our fun - and life should be at least that, hopefully
a great deal more.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

I prefer that other people do the licking.

And I can't say that I know the safety of the cleaning stuff but I
tend to distrust it. Thus, my house doesn't pass the Spic 'N Span test
but Roomba keeps the floor reasonably cat hair free. I'm sure that at
least one of the chemicals in my toilet bowl cleaner causes cancer in
paramecium.

Hmm. SInce cancer is an overgrowth of cells, I suppose a single-celled
creature is immune to cancer. Or it becomes twins.