Old September 4th 09, 01:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Nadia N.

Default Cats and cleaning products?

Baird Stafford wrote:
In article ,
Kajikit wrote:

I can't imagine any commonly-used cleaning product so toxic to cats
that it would hang around in the environment and still be unsafe after
four months... it's a very big 'if' that you're worrying about. I'm
sure they'll be fine. But if you want to be on the safe side, mop the
floor with plain water and wash anything away!

Good idea, since most cleaning products are water soluble (I don't know
any that aren't). Pesticides, on the other hand, may or may not
dissolve in water, but a cleaning product of your own, one you trust,
would probably take care of that problem.

Baird

Ack! I didn't even think about pesticides! Thanks for reminding me.

I guess I'll just have to wash once with water and vinegar, then rinse
with just water, then wash again with a kitty-safe cleaning product...

--
Little Monster pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/nnakova/Kotyo
Sweety pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/nnakova/Sweety