Old August 1st 08, 12:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default OT - LA Bans Fast Food

Norma wrote:

On Jul 31, 2:47?pm, "EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)"

Given the near epidemic prevalence of obesity in children and teen-agers
in the U.S., practically EVERYONE! ?(At least indirectly.)

Then ban corn syrup. Check the labels. It is added to almost all
boxed/canned/bottled food and drinks these days.
Norma

Good point. Corn syrup probably contributes to diabetes, too.

I try to make all my food from scratch, so I know what I'm getting. Once
a week I cook up a big batch o'glop, and that's what I take to work to
eat for lunch for the week. ("Glop" doesn't do it justice, it's usually
a yummy stew, curry, thick soup or casserole, but I call it glop because
it's all mixed together. )

But when I get home from work at night, I often don't have the time or
the energy to stand there chopping up veggies. So I've resorted to eating
Trader Joe's* pre-made junk for dinner. I do read labels, but that doesn't
always help, because I don't know what many of the items are. I should
sit down with a dictionary some time. I don't know how health-conscious
TJ's is in their manufacturing or in their choice of vendors to outsource
to, I can only hope for the best. I haven't seen corn syrup in anything
I've bought from them, anyway.

Oh well, at least I have decent breakfasts and lunches!

*Trader Joe's - very popular US grocery chain, sells gourmet and organic
food fairly cheap. Somebody's probably getting a bad deal somewhere along
the pipeline, but I haven't heard any complaints.

--
Joyce ^..^