Old July 12th 09, 05:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

Default cat needs to lose weight - calorie question

"Kalmia" wrote in message
On Jul 3, 8:15 pm, Kalmia wrote:
Cat is 18 lb. Should be 15. How many calories a day does he need to
attain and maintain 15 lb.? I think he needs to be on senior food
too.

He's 11 years old, neutered, not too active. Won't go outside unless
door is open for quick retreat - can't do that in the summer with the
a/c on. No health problems, tho.

Thanks.

Update : The diet isn't working too well. 1/2 dry , 1/2 wet and
there's a mess to clean each morning, outside box - not quite diarrhea
butttttt..........close. I might be going away and don't expect the
catsitter to have to deal with this, I'll set up two boxes and put
him back on dry until I return. Then will introduce the canned food
at a more gradual pace.
I'll also try giving wet in the morning and dry at night. I was
feeding the reverse.

The dry and wet food you are feeding your cat are both crap. How do I know
this? You tell me. Take your cat to the vet. There is a problem.