Old June 9th 12, 11:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default horrible yowling outside

"Judith Latham" wrote in message
In article , Christina Websell
wrote:

"Judith Latham" wrote in message

Poor boyfie.

I have been told that the more noise from a cat fight the less damage
there is. This doesn't help when it's your cat I know.

I hope so

Sootie had an
almighty fight a couple of weeks ago. She was about to come inside
when she heard something and shot up the garden and straight up on the
seven foot fence to chase something away. at top, I couldn't see
anything but she shot over into the garden next door then all hell let
loose. I called, stupidly I know but I couldn't do anything else. Then
after about five minutes of howling, hissing and screeching (not to
mention DH calling me from upstairs, as he had gone to bed, to tell me
there was a cat fight, "You don't say" I thought) all went quite. I
called, sootie came back after a few minutes but was very agitated.
she wouldn't come inside or be fussed. Then off she went again over
the fence. My heart was in my mouth but she came back after a while. I
tried to check her over but like Boyfie she would have none of it. She
was very upset all night prowling from one window to another.

Purrs for boyfie to calm down soon and not be hurt in any way.

I have found that if he has a fight, which is very rarely, he gets
terribly upset and agitated, like Sootie. No way could I have checked
him over when he came in as you discovered yourself.

He seems absolutely fine, no sign of injuries that I can see, no sign of
limping. Probably it was mostly hiss and spit with a standoff that
ended in: Boyfie: you are in my front garden Other cat: No, it is
mine Boyfie: It absolutely isn't, want to fight about it? Other cat:
Yes, you are a wimpie boy and you need KFC to protect you. Boyfie: I
will fight to the death, then.

In reality, Boyfie is far too gentle to do this, but he can give an
account of himself if he really has to. I suspect that the yowling was
about "I can intimidate you, without the need to fight"

I'm so glad Boyfie seems ok.

Purrs that he's seen that other cat off and doesn't need to fight it
again.

it was just "get the **** off my property." No injuries, just bad words.
He will not tolerate any black cat again since he was bullied by one. and I
doubt he would fight unless it was a black one. It doesn't have to be the
one that did it. He remembers that black cat that stalked him and KFC had
to sort it out.
He is now braver and he can fight his own battles, but a black cat is his
bete noire
Tweed

Judith Latham
Stourbridge, West Midlands. UK.