Old August 29th 13, 09:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Bill Graham

Default Traveling with a cat

"Pangur Ban" wrote in message
A question for those of you who take your cats on road trips: How many
consecutive hours in the car (in a carrier) seem to be easily tolerable
for the cat? I have found that 6 or 7 hours is ok, but with
pet-friendly hotels not being very prevalent, I'm wondering whether
travel days could be lengthened without ill effects.

My friends sold their house and took a motor home all over the country.
Their cat got quite used to it. Also, I have known people who sailed all
over the world with their cats on board. They too, got used to the sailing
life and were quite comfortable on board for hours on end. All cats really
need is food, water, a nice place to sleep, and your love.