Old July 19th 08, 05:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

Default Maryweather went to the Rainbow Bridge

I am sorry Ted
"Ted Davis" wrote in message
news
I stepped outside for a moment and when I started back in I saw
Maryweather lying dead under the back steps. I can't bury her right now
because the reason I was headed back inside was that there were skunks
only a few feet away. No visible injuries - I have no idea what killed
her, though there is a severe upper respiratory illness going around and
Tigger has the runs. I hadn't seen her in several days, but that is not
unusual.

She was my pretty little calico:
67.54.246.139:9000/tdavis/cats/camouflage.600x400.jpg
and 67.54.246.139:9000/tdavis/cats/03.jan/mary.267x400.1.jpg

Later -

Well, I buried her beside the pump house - the first place I tried where
the ground wasn't rock hard. In an effort to keep the neighbor's dogs from
digging her up, I put two concrete slabs of about 20 pounds each on top of
her grave (what with the ground being hard, me being in poor health,
and the light rapidly failing, I wasn't able to dig as deep as I would
have liked.

--

T.E.D. ) MST (Missouri University of Science and
Technology)