Old April 9th 12, 01:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_5_]

Default house to let

On 08/04/2012 8:20 PM, Jack Campin wrote:
From LovelyListing:

http://lovelylisting.files.wordpress...many-cats1.jpg

mobile 07800 739 557http://www.campin.me.uk Twitter: JackCampin

Well, you know, you have to be specific about these things!

I once rented from someone I'd rented from before, and I knew that she
was an excellent landlady, required a lease and didn't approve of
animals in the house (she came from a farming background and thought
they belonged in a barn, but of course urban apartments generally lack
barns). During the discussions, I mentioned that since we had last met,
I had acquired two cats. Would that be a problem? She said no, and when
I got the lease to review, she'd been precise: Tenant may have two (2)
cats. I'd expected something like a removal of the no-pets clause, or
'Tenant may have pets' or somEthing!

I'm still there, actually, and still with two cats, although they aren't
the same two, and I and the bank now own the place so I'm not a tenant.

--
Cheryl