Old August 29th 13, 08:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Bill Graham

Default Cat shakes her head a lot

"Mack A. Damia" wrote in message
On Thu, 29 Aug 2013 05:58:40 -0400, buglady
wrote:

On 8/29/2013 1:35 AM, wrote:
My 6 year old cat had a dental cleaning with 6 extractions about 6 weeks
ago.

Everything seemed to go well except I notice that she seems to shake
her head quite a bit

..........The only thing I can think of is an infection which may have
spread to the ear canal from the teeth.

Have you looked in her ears?

Maybe she picked up ear mites from the vet's office.

Yes. Our Junie had ear mites, and she would shake her head a lot. Poor cats
can't scratch inside their ears. The vet put drops in her ears that killed
them and she was fine after that. You cat could have picked them up
anywhere. A vets office, like a hospital, is a great place for cats to pick
up strange diseases and parasites.