Old September 8th 04, 06:57 AM
jmcquown

CatNipped wrote:
"Steve Touchstone" wrote in message
I'm not sure where she's gotten to now, as I was just in the kitchen
and she has moved on, but am keeping an ear cocked for any unusual
noises - hoping for small to medium thuds and nothing major.
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:

LOL - the dreaded thud! My Sammy manages to produce quite a lot of
those. The last one was my 4' tall victorian doll (a frequent victim
of assault, poor dear, due to the feathers, lace, and ribbons on her
attire). When I came into my sitting room she was laying on her
side, her hoop skirt was over her head, her long lace undies were
showing for all the world to see, and her feathered hat was halfway
across the room (the feathers were looking decidedly chewed).

Hugs,

CatNipped

Oh my. This reminds me of something totally not cat related. I have a doll
my mom played with as a child in the 1930's. Nothing fancy. She has a
cloth body and a voice box that (at one time) said "mama". Stitched on
hair. Plaster (not porcelain) face, arms and legs. Mom says at one time
she (the doll, although that fits Mom too!) had teeth.

Anyway, someone had sewn some lovely clothes for this doll (her name is
Peggy) and also blankets, one of which is lovely pink quilted satin. An
uncle of Mom's built a small cedar chest to put the doll in with a drawer
for her clothes. That trunk looks for all the world like a small casket.

When I was moving back in 1998, one of the guys looked in this small
coffin-like chest and then screamed. I mean, he literally screamed! I came
running and saw what he was looking at. When he realized it was a doll, he
laughed (rather shakily) and called his partner to come look. I had to
stifle my giggles.

Jill