Old August 19th 11, 06:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Default (OT) I know I over reacted about a spider before but

"jmcquown" wrote in message

"Bobble" wrote in message
"jmcquown" wrote in
:

Guess what? Now my house is overrun with them! Apparently the one I
killed (along with it's little babies riding on its back) wasn't the
only one. Now they're in my bedroom. And I tried to do the nice
thing and "set it outside" except it wasn't having any of that. It
wouldn't let me gently scoop it up on a piece of paper and put it
outside. Damn thing runs faster than my cat! No, it had to get into
my laundry basket. Sorry folks, I'm calling a fumigator.

Jill

To scoop any bug, I use a piece of thin cardboard (like the ones at the
back of paper notepads) and a wide jar or a big clear glass. I put the
jar/glass over the bug and slide the cardboard underneath without hurting
their legs. Then the bug isn't able to run away and off it goes outside.

Bobble

Seems I can't do the right thing no matter what. First I killed a spider
with bug spray and everyone bitched about it. Last night I tried to scoop
one up to put it outside and it ran faster than a cat and got away into a
nice clean basket of clothes. (This one also had babies swarming off
her.) I love nature as much as anyone. But I'm not going to live in a
house infested with spiders. Sorry, Bobble. The bugs gotta go.

Jill

I understand, Jill. Sometimes you have to take drastic measures. What will
you do with the cats while it is being done?

Joy