Old August 17th 18, 03:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Tigger[_2_]

Default A mystery

joy wrote:
On 8/4/2018 7:34 PM, Tigger wrote:
Tina wrote:
On 01/08/2018 23:32, joy wrote:

Cats are not capable of doing this deliberately, their brains don't work
that way. What is probably happening is they eat, and then decide to have
a drink afterwards, and there is some kibble still in their mouth when
they drink, which then goes into the water.
I think it's that simple, tbh.

Simpler explanation maybe - kibble nuggets can bounce. My cat
will often go after them, but not always (I have to pick them
up and put them back in the bowl).

How far apart the bowls?

Maybe 6-8 inches. I do find kibble on the floor too. However, there is
always at least one piece in the water and never more than three. Usually
it's two. That just doesn't seem random to me.

And three much less two kibbles is a bit much to be in its mouth
to make it to the water bowl, though eat-drink-repat in one or more
eating sessions might do it. (So much for the dainty eting rep...)

My cat's kibbles are roundish and bounce and roll well, too well
when stepped on with bare feet in the dark.

I suggest setting up a camera.