Old February 10th 14, 01:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_5_]

Default Just to say

On 2014-02-08 4:29 PM, Christina Websell wrote:

His own posh collar that he arrived with? I took it off when no-one claimed
him and I did make a lot of effort towards finding where he came from. It
was a seriously posh cost-a-lot collar which suggests he was well loved in a
previous home, but hey, if they cannot be bothered to get their teenage cat
neutered, he'll be off after the girls maybe too far to find his way home,
which is probably what happened to my Boykin, and it's their own fault that
they lost him. He is so lovely they are probably missing him still.
Too bad, he's mine now!

It may be my imagination, but I think male cats are more likely to roam
off and get lost than female ones - actually, they're probably roaming
because they're searching for females. I'm certain my Sammy had a home
at one point; a good one, because he's always been so friendly and
affectionate with people he must have had good experiences with them as
a kitten. The people who gave him to me after they found him roaming in
their neighbourhood said they'd looked for his owner unsuccessfully, and
I didn't quite believe them, so I checked out all the usual local places
people report lost pets. I was also unable to find anyone who reported
missing a young adult tomcat. Maybe he hid in a car or truck and went
missing from some distant place. Maybe he'd been missing so long he
wasn't on the current lists. Maybe no one bothered looking, not even for
such a sweet cat.

Their loss, my gain.

--
Cheryl