Old June 8th 19, 07:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Forgot to post about Buffy's Anniversary

On 6/8/2019 1:22 AM, Helen Wheels wrote:
On 7/06/2019 7:08 AM, jmcquown wrote:
On June 2, 2015, I adopted Buffy. Wow, where did the time go? She went
from being a timid cat who expected another cat to jump out at any
minute and not let her eat to a confident, loving, engaging cat. Playing
with toys and very much out of her shell in just a matter of a day or
two. She owns this place (and me).

She's still a tad jumpy sometimes. If the television is on and a show
has a doorbell that sounds like mine, she startles. I say, "It's on TV"
and she relaxes. Good.

Odd thing about the doorbell. Sometimes when the *actual* doorbell rings
she runs and hides. Other times she marches towards the front door as if
she's expecting company.

Buffy and weather is another odd thing: Yesterday evening there was a
thunderstorm. Buffy was snoozing in her pyramid bed. There was some
thunder, some flashes of lighting. I was on the couch, reading. I saw a
flash of light out the window almost immediately followed by a very loud
clap of thunder. She bolted out of her bed like her tail was on fire. I
said, "It's okay sweetie, it's just noisy weather." She went and hid
anyway.

It's not like this is her first thunderstorm in 4 years. There are many
times where she just goes "Oh, okay". Last evening she chose to hide on
a chair under the dining room table.

Coincidentally, it was the first place she hid on the day I adopted her.
I brought her home, let her out of the carrier in the bedroom and showed
her where the food and litter box was. She went under my bed. A short
while later, she wasn't there. On that same day, she was on a chair
under the dining room table. I looked under the tablecloth, tapped my
fingers on the floor and said, "Hi, Buffy". She jumped down and I gave
her scritches. She's been ruling the house ever since. Happy belated
Buffy-versary!

Jill

Happy -versary, Jill and Buffy. She sounds such a sweetheart.

I don't know yet how my youngster Floki will cope with storms. We may be
about to find out as there is one forecast this evening here. Trixie my
other cat is already curled up with her paws over her eyes. She's rarely
concerned by weather unless it interrupts her comfortable sleep.

Floki on the other hand is up and down on and off my desk all day. Right
now he's sort of sitting on my shoulder with his back paws on my chair
back and the front paws on my shoulder. Cute, but he's getting too big
to do that for much longer.

Floki sounds like a playful hand full! I've never had a kitten so I can
only imagine. I love hearing about him and I'd like to hear more
about Trixie, too. This newsgroup needs a bit of traffic. Seems like
most folks have abandoned it for Facebook.

Jill

Jill