Old July 23rd 19, 02:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Fun With Buffy

On 7/20/2019 8:28 AM, Judith Latham wrote:
In article ,
jmcquown wrote:
I always know when she wants to play because she starts batting golf
balls around. I sometimes rue the day I ever gave her a golf ball to
play with.

There are cat toys all over my living room. A couple of plush toys
filled with catnip (Velcro closures, refillable. I store dried catnip
in the freezer). Little fluffy mousies. Crinkly mylar balls. When she
really wants to play I get out the fishing wand toy with a mousie on the
end of it. I don't have to do much more than wave it around and she's
bouncing all over the place. She tracks that mousie... and also manages
to grab one of the other toys on the floor. She's a bit greedy. She
wants the mousie on the wire but also that fluffy toy and the mylar
ball. She's a spoiled rotten little cat. I love her to pieces.

Hey, I don't ask her to jump through the carpeted kitty barrel (cat
furniture). She just does it. It's cute as can be. It's not required.
She got tired halfway through this play session and curled up in the
kitty barrel. I put the fishing wand toy away and now she's curled up
on one of the chairs in the living room.

Jill

Why shouldn't she be a "spoiled rotten little cat"?

I was being facetious. She is completely spoiled compared to how she
was when she came to live with me.

Sootie has her toys in
the corner of the sitting room but her cloth tunnel is by the tv. when she
plays chase the laser light I move that to the middle of the room and she
likes to run back and forth through it in the chase.

For some reason Buffy is not at all interested in the laser pointer. My
cat Persia (RB) was quickly bored by it.

then suddenly, she'll
have had enough and asks to go outside where she sits and watches whatever
she can see going on out there.

Judith

When I'm in the TV room that's *my* relaxation and read a book room. No
cat toys. She joins me in there and curls up on me and gets scritches
while I read and watch TV. Looks out the windows. It's a calm room.
She goes into her little pyramid bed and takes a nap.

Jill