Old June 18th 12, 09:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

Default Is this out of order or what?

"Lesley" wrote in message
Some friends of mine are taking a European trip- so they put Ben their
cat into a cattery. There was a bit of a panic as Ben went off his
food for a day or so but then recommenced his usual inhaling of tuna
etc.

Her husband emailed a couple of times to ask how Ben was because they
love him to bits so they wanted to be sure he was okay

The cattery owner responded after 3 days of one short email just
asking if Ben was okay by saying if he emailed her again she would
call the police and sue him for criticising her professional
judgement!

They have cut their holiday short to get Ben back

Is this unreasonable? All the emails were along the lines of "Hi it's
me again- just wanting to know Ben is okay?" How hard would it be to
type "He's fine"? Surely people who run catteries etc should be used
to this sort of thing

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

LOL here in the US she would be a prime candidate for Judge Judy. I know
here you could sue her for causing a disruption in their plans and the cost
it ensued to return in fear of safety of their pet etc.

they have every right to ask the place of business how their pet is. Now if
they are calling hourly or too many times a day they can tell it is too much
and to stop

This person would have a serious problem here With the social media as it
is their business would be crushed if the cattery was being run by an
idiot as it sounds.

If they did not answer me in a timely manner I would be flying back and
getting the furballs to a safe spot than suing the business owner all my out
of pocket cost due to their stupidity