Old January 8th 04, 09:02 PM
claudia

Default Introdicing a new female kitten to a male cat

We just adopted a 3-month-old female kitten to make company to our
1-year-old male cat. The little one seems to be interested in making
new friends but the older cat is reacting like if he were afraid of
her even though the male triples the size of the female. He has been
having a stray female visiting him at the window and being neutered hi
seems confused and scared with the behavior of the female in heat.
I'm afraid this precedent is going to make the adaptation to his new
companion impossible. He is hiding and avoiding getting close to the
room where the female kitty is kept and he seems resentful with us.
Any suggestions?