Old July 24th 13, 08:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,free.usenet,free.spirit
John Doe

Default My recent rescue loves the outside sounds (from a baby monitor)

As any very experienced, thoughtful, and observant cat manager
should know... Cats pay much attention to things often times
without letting on that they're doing so. And the idea that any
electronic processing spoils the sound for all cats is obviously
silly.

--

Path: eternal-september.org!news.eternal-september.org!feeder.eternal-september.org!feeder02.blueworldhosting.com!usenet .blueworldhosting.com!feeder01.blueworldhosting.co m!border4.nntp.dca.giganews.com!border2.nntp.dca.g iganews.com!border3.nntp.dca.giganews.com!Xl.tags. giganews.com!border1.nntp.dca.giganews.com!nntp.gi ganews.com!local2.nntp.dca.giganews.com!news.gigan ews.com.POSTED!not-for-mail
From: "Bill Graham" weg9 comcast.net
Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 12:00:52 -0700

John Doe wrote:
One fairly easy way to bring the outside sounds in is to use a baby
monitor (room monitor) and put the baby unit outside. Also, if the
parent unit is connected to a better speaker, that helps.

I've always somehow known that my cats enjoy listening to the outside
sounds. My most recent rescue is obvious about it. I keep the speaker
on the floor. She frequently lies with her head resting against the
speaker. Even when the volume is louder than you might think
comfortable, she's got her head right there, relaxing. And it's not
just one place, the speaker is moved around.

It's obvious now

My cats pay absolutely to any type of canned sound. From the TV, Hi Fi, or
anything else. Unless its real time and alive without any electronic
processing, they act as if it is not there at all..